Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Sonar logging stopped
07-10-19, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 06:35 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Sonar logging stopped
Hi

I have a Axiom 12 RV with dual transducers RV220.

Up until a couple of days ago the sonar logging have worked flawless but now it doesn't log anymore.
Have tried to turn off/on the logging without success.

My Navionics subscription experied a month ago. Could that me the problem?
Any other idea how to turn it on again? Love the feature.

Best regards
Johan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 06:41 AM
RE: [LW11] Sonar logging stopped
Dear JAnkarloo,

Thank you for your post.

You do require an active subscription to use the Sonar charts live with Navionics, if your subscription has expired this will be why you cannot access this feature.

You can use the bathymetric chart feature in the Lighthouse charts, this is our sonar chart logging feature. You will need to switch the base map from Navionics to Light house charts, you will need to be on a minimum of Lighthouse 3.9 Annapolis for this feature.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-10-19, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Some follow up questions.

1. The logging setting is still available and can be turned on/off. No message saying that this feature are not available.
2. Have been able to use the feature several weeks after the subscription ended. How long after the subscription ends stops the logging?
3. All previous sonar loggs are still available and displays on the chart.
4. Switching to lighthouse charts gives me only sonar logging. No nautical charts are then available.

Thanks
Johan
07-11-19, 07:53 AM
Dear JAnkerloo,

1. Sonar “logging” is saving your sonar logs (to the card), this is done in the background with nothing visible by the user. It’s on by default on most units, so happens automatically. The card does not have to be in subscription.
2. No sub is necessary to toggle between nautical charts (Navionics official layer) and SonarChartsâ„¢, this is part of the Navionics+ and Platinum+ charts
3. A sub is necessary if they want to run SonarChart™ Live – i.e. create your own depth contours, on screen, in real time while on the water, these are for your personal use and are saved on the card. Please reference the information here. You can also share the files here.

Many Thanks
Louise