Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting an Axiom mfd to an st 2000 tiller piloy
07-13-19, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 04:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting an Axiom mfd to an st 2000 tiller piloy
Hi,
Can anyone advise on me being able to connect my axiom to the st2000. I have been told that a SeaTalk ng to NMEA 183 connection will work with the backbone adaptor but I cannot get the tillerpilot to see any 183 data.
The pilot is the newer one with a SeaTalk connection.

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-19, 05:02 PM
RE: [CA11] Connecting an Axiom mfd to an st 2000 tiller piloy
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

While a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be used to supply 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 sentences to a DSC VHF radio, these NMEA 0183 sentences are not those required for the operation of an autopilot. Instead, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will be interfaced to the autopilot's SeaTalk communications interface. When doing so, the red lead of this cable will not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting. Only the cable's SeaTalk Data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads will be used and will be connected to the corresponding SeaTalk terminals of the ST2000+ autopilot. Upon powering the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, it should then be possible to command the MFD's Chart application to Go To a waypoint/cursor or to Follow Route, and then command the autopilot into track mode via its buttons.
07-18-19, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 03:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many thanks Chuck
I will give that a go.
07-18-19, 03:02 PM
You're welcome.