Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] chart update for E120
07-11-19, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 11:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] chart update for E120
I have an E120 system and second 1500 monitor currently using a 2015 Navionics CF card.

I have been using Aquamaps on an iPad that downloads US Army Corp hydrologic surveys daily and overlays onto the charts (very helpful), in lieu of upgrading my card on the E120

Has anyone found a cost effective way to upgrade charts on the E120 (retired widescreen) without paying for Navionics? using free downloads from NOAA?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-19, 11:52 AM
RE: [CA11] chart update for E120
pattormey11,

Unfortunately, the E-Series Classic MFDs are exclusively compatible with Navionics Gold, Platinum, and HotMaps cartography which has been programmed onto a Navionics CF chart card. Gold cartography has been replaced by Navionics+ cartography products with. If using a Navionics+ chart card with these MFDs, the chart card's contents will typically need to be erased (via the Navionics Chart Installer program) and then re-populated with no more than 2GB of nautical charts for the geographic area in which the boat will be operated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply