Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Quantum 2 Doppler users manual
07-11-19, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-19 07:13 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Quantum 2 Doppler users manual
Is there a place I can get a Q2 Doppler Users manual? I just saw the installation manual only under the manuals section. I wish to find out how to get the colored Doppler to present on the screen and the different features offered. Many thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-19, 07:15 AM
RE: [LW11] Quantum 2 Doppler users manual
Dear tonyiiiafl,

Thank you for your post.

The Quantum Doppler user guide is contained in the Lighthouse 3 manual, this is available to download from our website here.

Is it an Axiom MFD you have?

Many Thanks
Louise
07-12-19, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Louise!

I have an e97 and an e127 networked together. It appears they were short lived before they were retired as I only purchased them 3 years ago. I will see if I can get the manual from your specified location. I was unable to get the Doppler colors to respond. Thanks!
07-15-19, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tony,

Raymarine e-Series MFDs were introduced in 2011 and software updates for this product (each adding new features as well as feature corrections) continued through 2017 ... approximately six years. As indicated within the thread found here, while Quantum 2 radomes are compatible with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, the supported radar features will be identical to a system featuring a Quantum radome. Those owning an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD are sometimes advised to consider purchasing a Quantum 2 radome rather than a Quantum 1 radomes if there is a potential future MFD upgrade to an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. In this way the system would then support Doppler radar features without need to additionally replace the system's Quantum radome.
07-15-19, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great info! What is the difference between the Axiom and Axiom Pro? Can an Axiom be integrated into the network (I have an e97 and e127) with these to take advantage of the Q2? Also is the B744 transducer useable with the Axiom? Not too needy of the Chirp. Just need depth. Thank you
07-15-19, 01:15 PM
Tony,

Q1. What is the difference between the Axiom and Axiom Pro?
A1. Axiom MFDs have a touchscreen - only user interface. Axiom Pro MFDs feature a HybridTouch (touchscreen and buttons) user interface as do your e-Series MFDs.

Q2. Can an Axiom be integrated into the network (I have an e97 and e127) with these to take advantage of the Q2?
A2. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. Also is the B744 transducer useable with the Axiom?
A3. Should a B744V fishfinder transducer presently be connected to the e97 or e127 MFD's fishfinder Transducer socket, then it may be adapted for use with an Axiom 9 RV or Axiom 12 RV MFD. Should a B744V fishfinder transducer presently be connected directly (i.e. without any adapter cable) to the e97 or e127 MFD's fishfinder Transducer socket, then the transducer's cable would need to be interfaced to a CP370 Fishfinder Sounder Module (adapter required), which in turn would be interfaced to an Axiom Pro S 9 or Axiom Pro S 12 MFD.
07-15-19, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 05:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Gain, GREAT info! Thanks!
07-15-19, 05:02 PM
You're welcome.