Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind
07-15-19, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind
Hi all,

First off, thank you in advance for any help here.

I’m trying to get my Raymarine es-78 MFD to see information from my Raymarine microtalk, and by extension my Raymarine wireless wind indicator (rebranded Tack Tick).

I have connected my mfd, a power cable, and the micro talk to the seatalk Ng starter kit backbone and have terminated it properly. (I believe. Photos attached.)

I have my wind indicator in the sun so the solar panels are getting juice.

I have everything connected and sitting within 11 inches of each other.

I have 12v going into the seatalkng 5-way connector with the red and black cable, I have the white seatalkng cable that came with the micro talk connected to the 5-way connector, and I have the black and white spur cable connected from the mfd to the 5-way connector. I'm assuming that this 5-way connector acts as my "backbone". I have the two blue terminator plugs in either end of the 5-way connector.

The micro talk led blinks 4 red flashes every 12 seconds... which is not in the manual as a code with meaning.

In the es78 menu I’m going to SET UP -> SYSTEM SETTINGS -> DATA SOURCES -> WIND.

It scans for a wind source and comes up with nothing. I have power cycled everything numerous times.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-19, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 02:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Es-78 MFD, microtalk, and wireless wind
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peregrine1983,

Please indicate the model of Tack Tick display or remote which is being used to calibrate the wind transducer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply