Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk Alarm A80614
07-15-19, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-19 10:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Seatalk Alarm A80614
Does the seatalk alarm sound whenever an alarm sounds and flashes on the screen of an Axiom 9? I want to make sure it works for each function charting, radar, depth, etc. when installed on a seatalk-NG network.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-19, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 10:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Seatalk Alarm A80614
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Frank,

Appendices A through R of the of the SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer Installation Instructions provide a comprehensive list of alarms which the A80614 SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer will suppport. While Raymarine recently introduced the Seatalkng Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer, this accessory is unfortunately not designed to sound for most alarms generated by MFDs running software prior to the latest available LightHouse 3 software (v3.10.71 at the time of this response). As indicated within its title, this product is designed to be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. To remotely hear alarms sounded by an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD, the MFD's Bluetooth feature may also be used to connect the MFD to a Bluetooth amplified speaker which will be located within the space where the alarm is desired to be heard. Alternatively, many owners will elect to install a low cost MFD (ex. Axiom 7 MFD with no internal fishfinder circuitry or bundled cartography) within the space where the alarm is desired to be heard. The advantage of the latter is that information concerning the nature of the alarm will be available to operator at the remote location, and it will be possible to cancel the alarm at the remote location.
11-02-19, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
My Axiom MFDs have an anchor (drift) alarm option. Will this A80614 Seatakng auxiliary alarm activate when this built-in anchor alarm is triggered? A Raymarine representative I spoke with at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show this week told me that it would. Thanks!
11-07-19, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pawseidon,

Q. My Axiom MFDs have an anchor (drift) alarm option. Will this A80614 Seatakng auxiliary alarm activate when this built-in anchor alarm is triggered?
A. Yes. This has been verified within Appendix L Navigation alarms of the SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer Installation Instructions.