Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] T120 wireless wind transducer pairing
07-17-19, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 02:46 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
T120 wireless wind transducer pairing
I recently purchased the T120 wireless wind transducer along with the MicroNet Wireless Gateway, the T113 Multifunction remote, and an i60 Wind Instrument. The plan is to network all of these to my Raymarine e7 MFD.

Problem: Nothing in the transducer box caught my eye before I mounted it on the mast head when the mast was in its winter position (stored on easily accessible saw horses). Now the boat is in the water and I've wired up the Micronet Wireless Gateway and paired it with the T113 remote. But, it appears that pairing of the wireless components can only be done when the components are within 300mm (11.8"). Is this the case for the wind transducer? Do I really need to go up the mast to take it down in order to pair it? If so, a bright red slip of paper in the transducer box with this notification would have been a welcome bit of information.

Can I just pair the transducer with the T113 remote (thus requiring only one round trip up the mast rather than two), or does the Micronet Wireless Gateway also require a 300mm proximity for pairing to the transducer?

Thanks for any suggestions about pairing these components.

Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-19, 02:45 AM
RE: T120 wireless wind transducer pairing
Hello Jack,

Sorry that you've not had a reply before, and that you weren't aware of the networking process before the mast was stepped.

The Autonetworking guide that ought to have been in the box to tell you about this isn't bright red, but it is pretty bright yellow and should have been very obvious for that exact reason. If it wasn't there, our apologies.

Yes, it should be ok to take the Remote up to pair in the Wind Transmitter without having to bring the Wind down and then back up again. Re-doing the pairing at the masthead won't remove the Microtalk interface or any other products: they will remember their pairing and wake when you switch on the system from the Remote after auto-networking in the Wind transmitter.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply