Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Back up Axiom
07-19-19, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-19 07:44 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Back up Axiom
Dear,
I am having trouble transferring the backup of my Axiom 9 to the Garmin Home Port. It has always worked with my previous MFD (..... eS 127 and Axiom 9) and this up to the software 3.8.97 of the Axiom. From the following software until the last 3.10.39 it always gives an error message (see appendix). What could be the cause of that?
Also I see that with the latest software (3.10.39) the date of the last update of the Navionics card still does not appear on my Axiom screen. That date disappeared there on 01/01/2019. I have received a new map from Navionics but the problem is still not solved
Best regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-19, 05:41 AM
RE: [LW11] Back up Axiom
Dear marc casselman,

Thank you for your post.

The Garmin Homeport is exclusively for use with Garmin chartplotters, what information are you transferring from the backup and how are you transferring this information to The Garmin Homeport software?

The Axiom generates .GPX files, allowing any software that can read the .GPX files to show the data. You can send the data you are transferring to support.uk@raymarine.com for us to look over, however I also advise contacting Garmin as it may be an issue on their side and from what I can see it only mentions compatibility with their chart plotters only.

Can you also send a screenshot of the Navionics data you are seeing that is incorrect and the details of the chart card.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-26-19, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your answer. I don't understand the problem with archiving on the Garmin Home Port. It has always worked without problems until the update after 3.8.97. If you say that these files are still the same as before, I think there is no reason why it should no longer work. If Garmin had changed something, it would no longer work with the software up to and including 3.8.97
In connection with the indication of the last update of the map see attachments on 01/01/2019 I have not done an update and after that the date has disappeared from the screen
I have also major problems with the Fuel Manager for more than 1 year since the purchase of the Axiom 9 (ship on water in June 2018). It is not solved yet

Best regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-01-19, 08:19 AM
Dear marc casselman,

Thank you for your post.

You need to contact Garmin in relation as to why the software is not accepting the .GPX files from your Axiom.

If you would like to send one of the .GPX files to support.uk@raymarine.com I would be happy to look at them to ensure they are not corrupted in anyway.

You mention the date of the 01/01/2019 has disappeared, can you send the config.xml file on your Navionics chart card to us and we can look into this for you.

What are the issues you are experiencing with the fuel manager? What engines are you connected to? Are you using a gateway? Is there an ECI-100 in the network?

Please provide more information about your system and the problems you are experiencing.

Many Thanks
Louise