Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Peripherals software updates through internet
07-19-19, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Peripherals software updates through internet
I successfully updated Axiom MFD to the latest version Bermuda through wifi (phone hot spot).
Axiom LH3 Advanced Operating Manual page 36 mentions compatible SeaTalkng products can be updated in this manner also.
Our boat is new, 2018 with the latest Raymarine products connected through SeaTlk -STNG - Converter 0480263, ID E22158.
The only instrument that shows up on list to be updated is the radar Quantum 2 (see picture)
Why am I not able to update the other peripherals directly through internet instead of having to go through the microSD card?
Thanks
Ruhl

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-19, 02:02 PM
RE: [CA11] Peripherals software updates through internet
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ruhl,

It should indeed be possible to download software updates for the system's networked devices which have been interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. However, only the system's Data Master MFD (i.e. that which has been interfaced as a spur to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone) can do so. The screen which you have displayed is only designed to show the system's MFDs and Quantum / Quantum 2 radomes. The system's Data Master MFD will also list a Data Sources option beneath the Diagnostics option. When executed on the system's Data Master MFD, the Product Info diagnostic feature will list all compatible devices which have been interface to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... naturally the backbone would need to be powered on when this feature is used.
07-26-19, 10:34 PM
Thank you Chuck.
Yes I successfully updated other peripherals software through internet by doing it with the Data Master MFD, with the exception of the ITC-5 Converter and the VHF Ray60. I notice these have boot code software so that means I need to do with micro SD card in 2 steps like I read in the other threads, correct ?

Thanks again,
Ruhl
07-29-19, 09:40 AM
Ruhl,

Q. I notice these (ITC-5 Converter and the VHF Ray60) have boot code software so that means I need to do with micro SD card in 2 steps like I read in the other threads, correct ?
A. Correct. However, please note that the LH3 v3.10.39 software update may incorrectly sense that the iTC-5 requires a software update. No software changes for the iTC-5 have been introduced since 2014. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the software level of this device be verified by via the Product Info diagnostics feature (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO) prior to attempting the software update.
07-29-19, 10:39 AM
Got it !
Yes IT-5 software was current and successfully updated Ray 60 and handset - after a few tries :)
Thanks Chuck
New Rule
07-29-19, 11:29 AM
You're welcome.