Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] UPGRADING to the latest MFD
07-21-19, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 02:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] UPGRADING to the latest MFD
Having the e127 and e97 running Lighthouse 2, nd a new Quantum 2 radar, I feel it is time to upgrade to take advantage of the latest, and perhaps stay current for a few years. I have looked and touched the Axiom and Axiom PRO. I like the PRO series with the redundant controls, as my e series has. A couple of question:

Is there a remote keypad for the Axiom, or do I need to go the PRO?

I just saw the Element series. Better than Axiom?

Is there something in the works to retire the Axiom in the near future?

Is Lighthouse Bermuda the latest software and is it included in the newest MFD’s?

Thanks for the help and advice in making my decision.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-19, 03:07 PM
RE: [CA11] UPGRADING to the latest MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. Is there a remote keypad for the Axiom, or do I need to go the PRO?
A1. Raymarine RMK-10 and RMK-9 (retired) may each be used with Axiom MFDs

Q2. I just saw the Element series. Better than Axiom?
A2. Negative. Element displays are not designed to be networked to one another and support a significantly smaller set of features than are supported by Axiom MFDs

Q3. Is there something in the works to retire the Axiom in the near future?
A3. From the day that a new product is introduced, most manufacturers are planning for the product's successor. Raymarine does not publicly announce such plans. Successors to Raymarine MFD are typically introduced at 5-6 years intervals.

Q4. Is Lighthouse Bermuda the latest software and is it included in the newest MFD’s?
A4. LightHouse 3 Bermuda (v3.10.39) is indeed the latest software for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. At the time of manufacture, Raymarine products are loaded with the latest available software. Depending on the time spent in warehouse, distributor, and dealer inventories it is possible that the MFDs stored in such locations may no longer have the latest available software installed within them. However, the software within Raymarine MFDs is designed to be easily updated by their owners.
07-24-19, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-19 07:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you again Chuck! It appears the Pro has more memory and would be a more suitable product for more longevity?
07-25-19, 07:55 AM
Tony,

While I would expect similar product life, the Axiom Pro MFDs most certainly have more memory and as such would feature the greatest chance of compatibility with future accessories.