Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking a ST1000 and Axiom MFD
07-22-19, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 11:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking a ST1000 and Axiom MFD
Similar to another recent poster, I have a brand new TillerPilot 1000 and Axiom MFD. I bought a Seatalk ng starter kit and a stripped end spur cable. However, the leads are blue and white on the stripped end and the TP manual seems to call for a yellow SeaTalk lead to connect to the ST's socket.

Is all of this STng gear useless to me? Do I just need the ST1 to STng converter cable or do I need the entire ST1 to STng converter kit? I will have to cut off the ST1 connector, strip and tin the leads and wire that into the TP 1000 socket?

On the other hand, the manual for the ST1 to STng Converter Kit says "Important: A SeaTalk autopilot or associated controller must not be connected to the SeaTalk-SeaTalkng converter."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-19, 12:41 PM
RE: [CA11] Networking a ST1000 and Axiom MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ruidh,

Please be aware that the manual for the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter has not been updated since its introduction ... when the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Could not be used with a SeaTalk autopilot. Support came later via software updates for the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Accordingly, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit must be used to interface the ST1000 to your Axiom MFD. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug will be inserted into each backbone (blue) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The NMEA 2000 plug of the MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable will be adapted to be mated to a spur. The supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable will be plugged into the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and will be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. An appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable will then be used to connect the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to the socket of the ST1000 (see page 44 of the S1000+ / S2000+Tiller Pilots Owners Handbook). When connecting the SeaTalk cable to the ST1000, the SeaTalk cable's red lead will not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting. Finally, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be powered via the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Power Cable from a switched 12VDC power circuit.
06-08-20, 08:47 PM
I am currently working on this same setup. I have the yellow plugged into the yellow socket and the blue capped off. The question I have is the nmea 2000 adapted to be mated as spur? Not sure what that means. The other question I have is the junction block and which seatalk cable I need to go approximately 5 to 8 feet.
06-15-20, 09:09 AM
Hello Mburgazoli,

That would mean you would use the A06045 or A06075 device net to STNG cable. The 9 foot seatalk cable you will need is D285.

Chris,