Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding e7, i70 and iTC5
05-24-16, 11:12 AM
Adding e7, i70 and iTC5
My existing system consists of an EV-100 Wheel-pilot set up with the 12v power wired directly to the ACU100 (with rudder sensor hard wired), that connected to the 5-way connector, power to the 5-way connecor, with a spur to the EV1 and the OEM backbone running to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter, a spur to the p70 and a SeaTalk adapter cable to daisy chained ST60 Depth, Speed and Wind instruments.

I am adding an e7, i70 and iTC5 to the system and removing the ST60 instruments. Reading through the manuals and the forum posts touching upon this topic has raised a couple of questions for me.

Should I, or can I, connect 12v power directly to the e7 power leads?

Do I need to leave the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter in the system?

If at a later time, I wish to install the ST60 instruments below at the nav table, can I connect them using the SeaTalk adapter cable connected to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter connected to a backbone cable running back to a backbone port on the system?

Thanks,
CB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-16, 01:51 PM
RE: Adding e7, i70 and iTC5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum clburti

Q1. Should I, or can I, connect 12v power directly to the e7 power leads?
A1. Yes. The e7 MFD must be powered using the power cable packaged with the MFD

Q2. Do I need to leave the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter in the system?
A2. As you will be removing the ST60 instrument displays, there is no need the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The i70 MFID will need be interfaced as a spur to the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The SeaTalkng spur socket of the e7 MFD will likewise be interfaced as a spur to the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The iTC-5 will be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The SeaTalkng backbone must be powered via a SeaTalkng Power Cable which has been interfaced as a spur to the backbone.

Q4. If at a later time, I wish to install the ST60 instruments below at the nav table, can I connect them using the SeaTalk adapter cable connected to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter connected to a backbone cable running back to a backbone port on the system?
A4. Yes.
05-24-16, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-16 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for a clear and equally prompt reply. -CB
05-24-16, 02:07 PM
You're welcome.