Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ITC-5 Problem?
07-30-19, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ITC-5 Problem?
I recently installed a Raymarine i70s and connected my existing B&G wind and depth transducers (which were previously working fine). I have noticed that the depth goes to dashes at about 105 ft and stays that way until the water is more shallow. Also, about half of the time the wind direction goes away (only when the depth malfunctions).

I plan to open the pod and reconnect the wires. I am assuming this could be a power issue.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-19, 10:29 AM
RE: [CA11] ITC-5 Problem?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mal5033,

Please note that the iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter and i60 Wind Instrument are not designed for use with third party wind transducers and as such are not supported. The iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter and i60 Wind Instrument are exclusively compatible with the following wind transducers:
- Raymarine's R28170 Standard Forward Masthead Wind Transducer
- Raymarine's R28171 Long Arm Forward Masthead Wind Transducer
- Raymarine's Z195 Rotavecta Wind Transducer

Q. I have noticed that the depth goes to dashes at about 105 ft and stays that way until the water is more shallow.
A. The iTC-5, i50 Depth, and i50 Tridata should typically support depths approaching 200' within a vessel which is not heeling. Older instrument depth transducers can experience drift from the 200kHz which they are designed to operate at, which can further reduce the operational depth of the above listed products. Accordingly, while the reported issue may be rooted in the iTC-5, it may also be rooted in the depth transducer, or heeling of the vessel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply