Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i70S/i70 MFID required for systems w/iTC-5 or compatible Raymarine Smart transducer
08-02-19, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-19 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
i70S/i70 MFID required for systems w/iTC-5 or compatible Raymarine Smart transducer

Should instrument transducers be interfaced to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter, then the system must additionally feature an i70/i70S Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID). Calibration of an instrument transducer sensing depth, wind, speed through water, and temperature from in instrument transducer must be performed through the instrument which the transducer has been interfaced to unless the transducer is a Smart Transducer or has been interfaced to an iTC-5. Instead, Smart transducers as well as transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5 must be calibrated by an i70S/i70 MFID within the system ... MFDs cannot perform this function. Alarms and offsets associated such transducers must also be configured within the i70S/i70 MFIDs. Analog instruments such as the i50 Tridata, i50 Speed, i50 Depth, i60 Wind, etc. may be added as individual spurs to the backbone to repeat instrument data. However, as indicated above, the system must feature an i70/i70S MFID and all calibration/alarm/offset configuration must be performed via the system's i70S/i70 MFID.

Update: Within systems including MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 or later software, the system's Data Master MFD (which in turn has been interfaced to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone) will be capable of calibrating wind, depth, speed, and temperature transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5. Please refer to the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Guide (Release 11 or later) for detailed information concerning calibration of these transducers via the MFD.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed