Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 7 and AIS
08-01-19, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-19 07:28 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 7 and AIS
Hello,

I connected a multiplexer Miniplex-3wi-N2K to the AXIOM 7 via the NMEA2000 network but i can't receive AIS signal.

GPS, wind, depth, heading works but not AIS. With wifi i can get AIS signal to my computer or ipad.

I tried evrything on this page but i have the same trouble :
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=83

Have you an issue ?

Please
Find all posts by this user
08-13-19, 07:50 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 7 and AIS
Dear tchaofb,

Thank you for your post.

What is the AIS unit? Who is the manufacturer?

Have you configured the multiplexer correctly? - The Axiom will display the data if it is available on the STng network. - is the port configured to NMEA0183 38400 baud rate for the AIS?

-Verify that the MFD has been updated with the latest product software update ... via the Data Master MFD's Select Device list (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE; THIS DISPLAY) - this dhould be Lighthouse 3.10 Bermuda

- Within ALL Chart application page/pane in which you desire to view AIS targets, verify that the Chart application page's/pane's AIS Layer (MENU->PRESENTATION->OVERLAYS->AIS) has been configured ON.

- Verify that the AIS Alarms (HOME->ALARMS->SAFETY ALARMS->SAFEZONE (AIS TARGETS ALARM)->SAFEZONE (AIS TARGETS)) has been configured ON

Can you see the targets?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-14-19, 02:16 AM
I have the exactly same MiniPlex 3 unit that receives AIS messenges via NMEA 0183 from my AIS. All you have to do is to configure the NMEA 0183 input port on your MiniPlex 3 to 38400 baud. You can also with the same sw to verify the AIS input. The MiniPlex manual have many details to describe the handling and setup.

I get up all AIS information via N2k/STNG on my Axiom 7. Its not possible to send a NMEA streem out on WiFi from any Rarmarine MFD, therefore you have to use the WiFi from your MiniPlex instead. My MiniPlex sends out all my boat data in a NMEA0183 streem so I can get all boatdata into my tablet and mobile phone. Its bad that the Axiom units that have WiFi not have the capability to send out NMEA data via WiF, you can only mirror or control the screen on the Axiom MFD.
08-15-19, 03:46 AM
Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your input. I will send your feature suggestion to the product manager who can look in to it.

Many Thanks
Louise
Thread Closed