Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60 Speed Display Problem
07-30-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 12:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60 Speed Display Problem
There is an ST60 Speed display on my sailboat that just started having a problem the other day. While the boat is in motion, the display shows 0.0. The paddle wheel is clear of any obstruction and rotates freely. If I disconnect the green wire from the back of the unit and reconnect it, the display shows a value. But, within a few seconds, the displayed value decreases to 0.0 even though the boat is still under way.

Is this repairable or should the unit be replaced? IS the ST60 still sold? If not, will a new generation Speed display fit the same pod and be compatible with the other ST60 instruments?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-19, 01:13 PM
RE: [CA11] ST60 Speed Display Problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WinniBoater,

The reported problem may be rooted in the transducer or the instrument display itself. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the speed transducer may be tested. Should no fault be found with the speed transducer then the speed sensing instrument would need to be replaced, as Raymarine can no longer service ST60/ST60+ instruments. As Raymarine i50 and i60 instruments, feature communications circuitry which will support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications, these instruments may be used to replace ST60/ST60+ instruments. Raymarine offers the A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) & A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) ST1 Adaptor Cables to permit i50/i60 instruments to replace ST60/ST60+ instruments within an existing SeaTalk bus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply