Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST1000 and ITC-5
08-03-19, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-19 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST1000 and ITC-5
Can I wire the tiller pilot in to the ITC-5 that came with my I70s wind/depth/speed bundle? Another post mentioned getting the sea talk adapter pod, but I wonder if that's really needed in this case?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-19, 01:45 PM
RE: [CA11] ST1000 and ITC-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cmackg,

It is not possible to interface these ST1000 to the system in the manner which you have suggested. An SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would need to be added to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable Supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The yellow lead of this cable will be connected to terminal 4 (yellow / SeaTalk) of the ST1000 bulkhead connector. The shield lead of this cable will be connected to terminal 2 (blue / 0V) of the ST1000 bulkhead connector. The red lead of this cable will not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply