Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Bermuda Data Sources Screen Not Reporting Some Values
08-05-19, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Bermuda Data Sources Screen Not Reporting Some Values
I’m having a very minor issue on my Axiom9/Bermuda with the Data Sources not reporting some data values. The overall system operates correctly, but the Data Sources screen is not reporting all data for Wind and Time/Date and may point to other issues based on the error messages being displayed.

Wind1.jpg shows the wind speed is missing “-.-“, however, Buffer_I60_Wind_Instrument.jpg shows all data fields are being reported correctly. Time-Date.jpg shows the time/date values missing – but they are reported elsewhere on the MFD as expected.

When any of the data items on the Data Sources screen are first selected, the error message similar to that shown on “Wind_4038.jpg”appears. After acknowledging and refreshing, the wind values, sans the windspeed, are displayed as in “Wind1.jpg”. At a later time, when selecting the Wind data source again, another message was shown, captured in “Wind_1850.jpg”. Again, after acknowledging and refreshing, I see the Wind data, sans the windspeed. Not sure why the Wind data source would even care about either ST-STng converters.

Referring to my system diagram, I typically leave all data sources in “auto select” with the exception of the STW and Depth, which are ST60+ data masters and brought onto the STng network via the converter s/n 1004038. Manual selection of Depth and STW appear to speed up finding those data behind the converter. I use STW and Depth overlays on the Chart app. When using “Auto” data source selection, I would occasionally see “-.-“ for STW for a several seconds before values are populated upon selection the Chart App. I have not seen “-.-“ when using the Manual data source selection for the STW and Depth data sources. But on the Data Sources screen, the manual source selection give interesting error messages for Depth and STW, that after acknowledging and refreshing, the correct SYW and Depth data values are shown. Refer to Depth_1850.jpg and STW.jpg. Both data come through the ST-STng s/n 1004038.

Thanks
Dan

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Figures.pdf (Size: 520.23 KB / Downloads: 139)
.pdf  SeaChelle Electronics - 07JUN19.pdf (Size: 533.72 KB / Downloads: 242)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-19, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Bermuda Data Sources Screen Not Reporting Some Values
Hello Dan,

The warning that you're seeing with the ST1-STNG convertor is because the convertor is running software that is too old to be aware of Data Source selection. This was a feature we introduced in late 2011, but your convertor's serial number indicates that it was made in March 2011. You can update the convertor's software through the Axiom display (Home > Settings > Update Software > Check Online > Wifi Settings (connect to Wifi, e.g. a hotspot off your phone) > Start.) This may be the reason why you're not seeing all values in the Data Source selection now: when the blocking device is detected, Data Source searching stops.

I think that the likely reason why you're seeing intermittent data with Auto selection and not with manual selection is that you have interrupted/intermittent traffic in your network, and with Auto selection the system starts looking for an alternate source when data is lost, whereas with manual selection the system doesn't attempt to do this and keeps the last-known value from the preferred source for a timeout-period which happens to be just long enough, it would seem, for the next correct data to be received by your display.

I'd update the ST1-STNG convertor's software, avoid manual Data Source selection (I would only ever use Data Source selection in the instance where you have two sources of a particular data type and need to make a specific choice between them) and check the integrity of your ST1 and STNG networks.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-16-19, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok, Thanks Tom. I think the ST1-STng converters are at 2.03, but I’ll check. I’ll check the status lights as well, they are not easy to access, and I will set all data sources to Auto select and report back.
Dan
08-20-19, 02:20 AM
Ok.
We have seen problems with LH3.10.39 with some devices incorrectly blocking data source selection and have released 3.10.42 to fix this. If your convertors are running v2.03 then they should be fine, so perhaps your MFD still has 3.10.39?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.