Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS
08-08-19, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-19 03:50 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS
I have an Axiom that is networked with ST7001 autopilot and ST60 depth, etc. At sea yesterday I was getting an erratic GPS signal from the external GPS device on the network, so I shut it down and expected the Axiom internal GPS to take over supplying the GPS data. However it did not, and I wasn't able to manually select the internal GPS as I was informed this was not possible with the Seatalk NG converter attached. Any information to work around this would be really appreciated

Thanks
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 04:22 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS
Dear Jinto,

Many thanks for your post.

I am unsure as to why you were informed you could not use the internal GPS on the Axiom when a convertor is installed as this is incorrect.

What are you using as an external GPS source? You can manually select your preferred GPS source by going to HOMEPAGE> SETTINGS>NETWORK>DATA SOURCES>GPS> toggle manual selection and choose the internal GPS.

Do ensure the internal GPS is switched on - HOTSPOT GPS FIX IN HOME SCREEN>SATELLITES>SETTINGS> toggle internal GPS green for on

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply