Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] HD RADAR w/ Lighthouse V19
08-08-19, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-19 12:53 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question HD RADAR w/ Lighthouse V19
I have E127 and C127 MFD's with HD Radar array. Working fine until I recently upgraded Lighthouse !! V19. MFD's work but lost connection to radar. Only options I see to connect to radar is for new Quantum. I do have HS5 switches. I thought to try to downgrade back to V15 but can not find older versions. Will V19 work with older HD Radar?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 12:57 AM
RE: HD RADAR w/ Lighthouse V19
Hello rhoey,

All radars that work on LH2 R15 also work on R19, and you should not need to do any re-configuration or selection.

Does the radar appear in the diagnostic device list (Home > Setup > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Select Device?

If not, I would guess that you have a coincidental power-supply or network cabling issue. Does the radar's port (easily identified by the fact that its cable is white, not black) into the HS5 show port-activity LEDs? Can you get to the radar to check for a decent supply voltage at the radar end of its cable, and make sure that you don't have any corrosion or moisture there?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply