Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] new raydome for 2006 C120
08-08-19, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-19 01:19 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
new raydome for 2006 C120
my radar dome from 2006 is shot. is there a particular Raydome I should purchase that WILL work with my older C120 ?
thanks
jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 01:28 AM
RE: new raydome for 2006 C120
Sorry Jim, no current radar will work with a C120 Classic. The C120 Classic (as opposed to C120W which was launched in about 2009) can only take an analogue radar because that's all there was when it was developed in 2003, whereas all of our more recent radars and displays use digital communications. Your only options would be to source another old analogue radar second-hand, or replace both the display and the radar together.

The current equivalent would be an Element 12, Axiom 12 or Axiom Pro 12 display with a Quantum or Quantum Doppler (Doppler on Axiom/Pro only, not Element) radar. The Quantum/Quantum Doppler can communicate wirelessly so you re-use the old radar's cable by cutting the plug off the end and using it just for power, with wireless data, rather than running a new cable (as long as it's a fibreglass boat that will allow wireless comms.) Element are simple low-cost displays, Axiom are fully networkable, touchscreen multi-function systems and Pro are Axiom with touch and hard-keys, improved screens, NMEA0183 and more.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply