Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autorouting issue
08-06-19, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 10:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autorouting issue
Having an autoroute issue since we added the AR200 for heading data and updated to 3.10 on our Axion 12s.

I autoroute to location and start follow. Follow wants to reverse direction to waypoint created where the boat was when the follow command was issued. The screen shows a dotted line now behind me. The autopilot then wants to turn the boat around get to that first waypoint. Have to advance to next waypoint manually for it to work. It then follows from waypoint to waypoint normally. This was not the case before the installation of the AR200 and 3.10. Used to just route to the next waypoint. Not sure if it even created one at the point when i hit follow.

How do i get the system to automatically grab the forward waypoint without having to manually advance to the next one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-19, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Autorouting issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nickrt,

Q1. I autoroute to location and start follow. Follow wants to reverse direction to waypoint created where the boat was when the follow command was issued. The screen shows a dotted line now behind me. The autopilot then wants to turn the boat around get to that first waypoint. Have to advance to next waypoint manually for it to work. It then follows from waypoint to waypoint normally. This was not the case before the installation of the AR200 and 3.10. Used to just route to the next waypoint. Not sure if it even created one at the point when i hit follow.
A1. This is indeed the way that Raymarine chartplotting products have historically responded if the vessel have moved beyond the route's initial waypoint and the operator had not intervened to Advance the Waypoint being navigated to.

Q2. How do i get the system to automatically grab the forward waypoint without having to manually advance to the next one?
A2. Before commanding the autopilot into Track mode, the operator must ensure that the correct waypoint is being navigated to. This is graphically indicated by the dashed black line, change in the waypoint symbol, population of the Waypoint Info data item with range and bearing data, and population of the Active Waypoint data item with the waypoint's name. The Chart application's Follow From Here or Advance Waypoint features should be used to specify which waypoint of the route should first be navigated to. Only after having done so should the autopilot's Track mode be engaged. Failure to do so will cause navigation to the route's first waypoint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply