Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] M132 lost image
08-08-19, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] M132 lost image
I have a M132- it is networked to a ES128(master)-ES98, RM HD Radar, EV150AP and SR150. Camera was working fine (except for the clear cruise distance issue addressed in another post) and it just stopped showing an image. The "Palate" selection seems to of stopped working as well-meaning "white hot", "black hot" etc are in the menu but now wont let me select any of them and the selected box is empty. This is on LH3(it was missing the camera install height issue as addressed in another thread). I updated the software today to the newest LH3 v10 to try to solve the issue. Nothing.... The camera height is now there in the menu but I still do not have an image. I did do a master reset after the update(twice actually) to the MFD to try to solve it and it did not. The camera responds to the "park" command and "home" command but no image. I also reset the camera multiple times as well. Please help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] M132 lost image
Hello again rltrbill,

Can you confirm what you see in the Video app? Plain, blank black or something else?
Do you see the on-screen icons (camera direction indicator etc.)?
Does it make any difference if you power-cycle the camera?
Do you know what software version is in your camera by any chance?
Would you be able to let me know your camera's part number and serial number?

I have had a couple of reports here in Australia and in New Zealand of M132/M232 cameras showing plain black video intermittently and am looking for further details/examples to add to my engineering report. In the cases I have seen the problem is (temporarily) resolved by switching the camera's power off and on again.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-16-19, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
On the screen in the camera app it is blank black. the menu selection "bars" are on the rt upper corner.

No icons/direction.

I've tried to reset the camera, even pulled and replaced the fuse. I've killed power(batt switch) multiple times. I've even done a factory reset.

M-132 E70432-serial 0670606

In the menu, I can see the page where the color pallet is and those selections. When I click on one (say white hot) it turns blue for a split second (like it was selected) but the selection does not move into the rectangle box as selected. It stays blank.
Unsure of software version.
08-20-19, 01:52 AM
Sorry to hear that. If it's permanently black then I think you need to get your supplying/local Raymarine tech dealer involved, to get the camera tested/serviced.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-20-19, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 08:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It should be under warranty- it’s like 2 years old. Do I take it to a dealer or do I have to send it in?
08-20-19, 11:54 PM
That I'm afraid I can't answer for you as I'm in Australia and our local processes and service facilities probably aren't quite the same as in the US. I'd suggest calling the US support team on 1-800-539-5539 so that they can advise you. Please have your camera's serial number ready when you call.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

03-30-20, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to post a final update to this. The camera was sent back to FLIR after online diagnostics with FLIR tech. The cameras CPU was bad and replaced under warranty. All is now functioning as it should.
04-01-20, 01:47 AM
Good to hear, thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.