Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CPT-S installation clarification.
08-08-19, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-19 12:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] CPT-S installation clarification.
Hello, I'm installing a CPT-S thru-hall on a full keeled sailboat and wanted to verify the direction the transducer should point. The thru-hall is the 12 degree deadfall variant and located starboard in front of the keel.

[Image: IMG_20190808_161913807s.jpg]

On the transducer is an arrow I'm to point towards the keel. The instructions seem to be more for motorboats and show simple v hulls with the transducer pointing to the boat's center line.

[Image: IMG_20190808_161708821s.jpg]

Should I point the transducer to the center line of the boat (1), the start of the keel (2), the end of the keel (3), or somewhere in between?

Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-19, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-19 12:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] CPT-S installation clarification.
Niiiad,

The reference to keel along with the orienting arrow molded onto the tilted element CPT-S transducer (see below) is a reference to the centerline structural element of traditionally constructed hulls, not to a sailboat's keel which is designed to prevent the boat from being blown sideways by the wind, and aid in righting the sailboat. Accordingly, the tilted element CPT-S transducer should be oriented such that its arrow points to the vessel's centerline (option #1 shown within your photo).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3479]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply