Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] ECI100 bidirectional?
08-09-19, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 03:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ECI100 bidirectional?
Can the ECI-100 transmit GPS data back to the Yamaha backbone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 03:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] ECI100 bidirectional?
Hello BernieK,

No, by design the ECI-100 is an 'airlock', so that our network cannot have any chance of adversely affecting an engine control system. The only data it sends back to the engine network is autopilot control commands in approved drive-by-wire steering systems (with our EV2 autopilots.)

The Yamaha 6YG-8A2D-00-00 is an alternate gateway which allows use of the new Yamaha app on Lighthouse 3.9 and later, though I don't know what data it sends back to the Yamaha side. See the LH3 software history at http://www.raymarine.com/software-update...1529981718 and the updated user manual at http://www.raymarine.com/manuals-documents/ for info on the Yamaha app.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-19, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Tom
Whilst you do not specifically state it, I assume from your reply that I should not be using the Yamaha Interface with the ECI-100?
I have set it up and it seemed to work but I was having problems with the fuel manager and wasn't sure whether there was some interaction with the new Yamaha App.
I decided to do a factory reset on the axiom and not use the Yamaha interface. (also the fact that it cannot be shared with another application makes it limited in use in my case).
Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 01:50 AM
You should use either the ECI100 or the Yahama gateway, but not both together.

I believe that the Yamaha App requires the Yamaha gateway, but have sought extra information on exactly will and won't work if either gateway is used.

If you're having problems with Fuel Manager, in my experience this is down to confusing/misleading data in one or the other PGNs that can be used for fuel calcs (with different engines we've seen problematic data in either 127489 or 127497), so a simple first step is just to toggle the fuel data source from one to the other. If you'd like to give me more detail of the problem though I'm sure we can help.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user