Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
08-11-19, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 08:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
I have a Yamaha Command Link Gateway, so I can use Yamaha app in LightHouse 3.10 to display engine data but I don’t semm to find similar app in Element fishfinder?
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-19, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

While Element displays running LightHouse Sport v3.9 or later support engine interfacing, the Yamaha app supported by LightHouse 3 software is not presently featured within LightHouse Sport. The Dashboard application of LightHouse Sport software is used to display engine data. More information on this the Dashboard feature may be found within Chapter 9.1: Dashboard app overview of the LightHouse Sport (Version 3.9) Advanced Operating Instructions. More information on the Engine identification feature may be found within the Identifying engines section of Chapter 4.2: Getting Started of the LightHouse Sport (Version 3.9) Advanced Operating Instructions.
08-26-19, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
SUCCESS! Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
Hi,

I finally got it to work using Yamaha gateway 6YG as you suggested. Thanks.
My 2019 digital Yamaha 70 hp 4 stroke has only 16.6 hours so I am going to have to use it more before winter gets here.
Yes, there are 2 BUS ports on the Yamaha Command Link Hub but I only needed 1 terminator cap to complete the circuit.

No other device needed.

I do have an issue when trying to open the Yamaha app in my Raymarine Axiom 9" MFD when first start-up the entire system. It kept saying "this is NOT supported by this display"??? and the engine data have a delay about 20 seconds before it will show up.

I found out if I touch "Settings" - boat details - identify engine - click yamaha and exit out of settings and click Yamaha app then it would work. But, if I left the settings in other engines then it would say "this is not supported by this display" when I tried to open the Yamaha app.

Unsure if this setting solution is a co-incidence or a true solution??? I will test more and report back.

The trim tab will first start to flash in yellow/gold, and after 20 seconds I will get battery voltage. and at that point everything else RPM, engine hours etc. will display.
Would dashboard app work without Yamaha app for my Yamaha 70 hp?

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
08-27-19, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
ray18,

Interesting ... I would have expected that the CommandLink / CommandLink Plus busses to have required a termination plug at each end of the buss as do most CAN buss networks (ex. NMEA 2000, SeaTalkng, etc.). You may want to reach out to Yamaha to verify that your CommandLink / CommandLink Plus buss has been properly installed.

Q1. I found out if I touch "Settings" - boat details - identify engine - click yamaha and exit out of settings and click Yamaha app then it would work.
A1. This how the system intended to function. However, once Yamaha engines have been selected, it should not be necessary to perform this selection again prior to using the Yamaha app ... unless a Settings Reset, Factory Reset, or Power ON Factory Reset has been performed after having selected Yamaha engines.

Q2. Would dashboard app work without Yamaha app for my Yamaha 70 hp?
A2. I believe so. The Yamaha app provides a different engine interface and also supports some additional engine fault and maintenance data as well as engine tilt and fuel flow calibration.
06-14-20, 05:10 PM
Wink RE: [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
I have a 2007 Yamaha F150 and a new Raymarine Element.

I installed the Yamaha NMEA cable in the engine, connected the Yamaha engine NMEA cable at one end to a properly terminated NMEA backbone cable/tee. My backbone runs to the Element, then further to my dashboard through the bow and back, and the end terminator is there, under the dash. The Element NMEA cable connection runs into a Tee, and this is also where my backbone picks up it's power connection.

This network was displaying all of the available engine data on my older Lowrance HDS5 which I removed to install the Element.

Initially, I fought with the "Identify Engine" button, and couldn't figure out how to get things working.

After reading the instructions a few times, I saw that the Element actually tells you not to use "Identify Engines" unless something is wrong with the display you are seeing.

The connections I described, without anything other than the actual Yamaha engine to NMEA cable that is non NMEA standard, works fine without any changes to settings or menu adjustments. It is all "ready to go - out of the box".

I am getting all the usual Yamaha engine data, such as instantaneous fuel flow, and temps and pressures.

I'm absolutely delighted.