Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro and Ipad
08-12-19, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-19 06:43 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom Pro and Ipad
I have recently installed a new Axiom pro 12" in the cockpit and bought an Ipad as a repeater at the chart table. I downloaded the RayControl app and it connects to the Axiom.
However, it keeps dropping out. The signal from the Axiom is not consistent.
Sometimes it will reconnect immediately, other times it says the password is wrong. Then I have to turn everything off and start again.
I am prepared to buy a wifi booster to improve the signal, but not sure what one to buy.
Also, the alarms are pitiful and I will have to buy an external speaker so that I can hear them. Not very happy about these two issues.
Any ideas gladly received
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-19, 03:26 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom Pro and Ipad
Dear catweazle,

Thank you for your post.

Are you operating any other devices connected to the Axiom on the wireless network?

What software version is installed on the Axiom Pro? The current version is Lighthouse 3.10 Bermuda, you can see the revision from the HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS - under the Axiom Pro description will be the software revision. Please update this to the latest version if you have not got this installed.

We have not tested any wifi boosters with our products, therefore I cannot recommend a wifi booster for you to use.

We offer a STng alarm buzzer to add to the network to boost the volume of the alarm. You can find further information here.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply