Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GS16 - Lighthouse/Bermuda Update
08-12-19, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 02:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GS16 - Lighthouse/Bermuda Update
I am trying to update my GS16 with the Bermuda update, to no avail. I have the files on an SD chip in a directory the ZIP executable created. I also have a copy of the files in a directory called 'Update', which was required for the prior update. When I try to update the software, the system cannot find the files on the SD card. I currently am running Lighthouse version 3 (April 2019 release).

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-19, 03:06 PM
RE: [CA11] GS16 - Lighthouse/Bermuda Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum aurora37,

The compressed folder which will be downloaded should be saved to the computer, not to the microSD memory card. The compressed folder should then be opened. Within it, two .iso file will be found ... one to update to the LH3 base maps (cartography ... you will find this within the file's name) and one to update the LH3 software. One of these .iso files will be copied to the root level directory of a microSD memory card and the second .iso file will be copied to the root level directory of a second microSD memory card. After doing so, the microSD memory card containing the LH3 software update will be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader and the MFD will be commanded to check the card for updates. Upon completing the LH3 software update, the microSD memory card will be ejected and then the microSD memory containing the base map updates will be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader and the MFD will again be commanded to check the card for updates. The MFD may report that this update has already been installed. However, the MFD should be commanded to proceed with the update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply