Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Powering backbone
08-13-19, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Powering backbone
I have a backbone right now for the Raystar 130 that feeds both MFD’s. It is powered by the red cable into the white connector. I am adding another backbone 5 slot to it. I was going to connect it to the original with a blue backbone cable to integrate the Evolution Auto pilot. Is this one red cable enough to power the entire network, or do I need to run anther red power cable to the new backbone?

Also, I need to connect the heading sensor to the backbone. Can I use a white cable, connect it to he tee what has the white and terminate one end with the termination plug and run the back bone cable to the blue slot at the backbone 5 plug piece?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-19, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Powering backbone
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. Is this one red cable enough to power the entire network,
A1. Yes

Q2. Do I need to run anther red power cable to the new backbone?
A2. No.

Q3. Also, I need to connect the heading sensor to the backbone. Can I use a white cable, connect it to he tee what has the white and terminate one end with the termination plug and run the back bone cable to the blue slot at the backbone 5 plug piece?
A3. If the with cable which you are referring to is a SeaTalkng Spur Cable (black w/white stripe), then the answer is yes.
08-21-19, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 08:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OUTSTANDING! Just as I thought! Thanks again!
08-22-19, 08:05 AM
You're welcome.