Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 RV Update Failure
08-14-19, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-19 05:47 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 RV Update Failure
Attempts to update from 3.8.105 to 3.10.42 are failing. No clues are provided to assist with the failure. Appreciate some guidance on where to go with this.
Find all posts by this user
08-15-19, 07:36 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 RV Update Failure
Dear djangotoo,

Thank you for your post.

How are you performing the software update?
-wifi?
-sd card?

How does the software update fail?
-is there an error message?
-at what stage does it fail?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-20-19, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 12:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Louise
I am updating by wifi tethered to phone, exactly as I have done each time before. The display starts the download but doesn't complete cant be sure exactly how far through the process it gets. The message is something along the lines of update failure or cant be updated - I dont recall exactly. For information, the i70 that was being downloaded at the same time completed ok.

I hope this helps
08-21-19, 07:34 AM
Dear djangotoo,

Thank you for your post.

Ideally we need to know the precise error message to determine the reason for the update failing, please try again. If the error message is lack of internal memory, place a blank sd card in the Axiom and this will be used as a temporary memory source.

Also ensure that your phone data has a good signal.

If this continues to be an issue, download the software on to a micro sd card to update the Axiom via a computer.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-24-19, 02:11 PM
Hello Louise. I'm having exactly the same problem as djangotoo trying to update my Axiom 12 to 3.10.42. After the download via WiFi, still on the update screen, I get a "failed to start" error.

If I then power down the Axiom and power it up, upon startup I see a message saying "software updated to 3.10.42" or something similar. Looking at the settings screen, sure enough, it says I'm running 10.3.42. But if I go to the update software screen and check for updates, it tries to re-download this same version again... as if the update hasn't completed properly.

If I allow it to retry the download/update again, it fails again the same way... with the "failed to start" error.
09-03-19, 04:24 AM
Dear jetx,

Thank you for your post.

This issue relates to the software not completing the download usually due to a poor WiFi connection, are you using a good WiFi connection?

Even when the Axiom is running the latest software, you can reinstall the current software. Eachtime you request a software update, the Axiom will look for all current software updates for all of the products on the network even if the product is on the latest version. You only need to update the products that require updating. Is there a reason you are trying to reinstall the latest software if the Axiom is already up to date?

Many Thanks
Louise
09-03-19, 10:29 AM
Hello Louise, and thanks for your reply. In my case, it was definitely not due to an incomplete download or poor WiFi. I was attempting to update all of the (newly installed) hardware in my system, which happens to include another Axiom, and after downloading via Wifi, the update was installed on the 2nd Axiom without a problem. (The unit did the download, but was failing to update, is the data master).

Also, in an attempt to resolve the issue, I downloaded the update files and saved to a microSD card at home and then tried to complete the update from the microSD. That failed also, with the same error message.

I finally did a factory reset on the Axiom, and then was able to install the update from the microSD. Hopefully that'll help others who may be having the same problem.
09-05-19, 05:09 AM
Thank you for the feedback.
Thread Closed