Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 7 install
05-26-16, 09:52 AM
Dragonfly 7 install
I have a Dragonfly 7 Pro with a CPT-DVS transom transducer I need to install on a Chaparral SSi 204 I/O. Looking for any suggestions. I've been debating install on port side in the step beside the sterndrive similar as the speed pickup on the starboard side? The manual instructs to mount on starboard with the clockwise rotating prop, however, I wonder if it will make any difference in this application? Also, have never drilled thru anything on a boat, does anyone have advise on drilling thru hull to route the cable, similar to how the speed hose is routed? I assume it would require a pretty big [censored] like 5/8" or better to get the connector end thru?
Thanks,
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-16, 12:44 PM
RE: Dragonfly 7 install
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bama,

While it may not make much difference a trolling speeds, fishfinder imagery/performance may be adversely impacted should the transducer be installed on the port side of the transom. You may want to consider relocating the speed pitot tube to the port side of the transom to then permit the fishfinder transducer to be installed on the starboard side of the transom.

A [censored] sufficiently large to accommodate the transducer's plug must be drilled through the transom. If re-purposing the [censored] for the pitot tube's tubing, then you may want to consider using an appropriate sized step drill. The void would then typically be filled with 3M 4200 and the cover plate supplied with the Dragonfly transducer would then be used to cover the [censored].
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply