Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software
05-27-16, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-16 08:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software
Gary,

Q1: I have tried "forcing" the MFD to input only the Evolution EV1 and EV2 Heading Sensor Version 2.17 . . . it is titled "ray_Pilots_20160517_.upgrade.iso" after you download it. And you are forced to first burn it to disk, and then copy to a micro sd card . . . laborious and time consuming . . . anyway, it did not take.
A1: The instructions call for copying the downloaded .iso file to the root level directory of the microSD memory card, not running/executing/double-clicking on the downloaded .iso file. Within a Windows operating system, .iso files are typically associated with the Windows Disk Burner application. Hence, had you done the latter, then the Windows Disk Image Burner application would have been displayed as you have stated. Instead, should you have either chosen your Internet browser's option to "Show In Folder' or had opened your computer's Downloads folder, then you would have seen the ray_Pilots_20160517_.upgrade.iso ... right click on this file to copy it and then paste it into the root level directory of the microSD memory card.

Q2. I may be looking too deep into this, but within that Pilots file, there is no separate file listed specifically as an EV file. There are only: ACU_release V2_17.pkg; CCU_release V2_17.pkg; manifest.xml; manifest.md5sum; manifest.xsd; and P70_PilotV3_05.pkg files . . . nothing like "EV sensor core". As I have now watched (intently), the 3 times my MFD cycled thru the update process, it never showed anything on the screen about an EV file. It did show P70, and ACU . . . etc. Therefore, I'm wondering if all the work you outlined in your link, steps 1 thru 7, (and we're looking at several hours here!), may be for naught because engineering simply forgot to include the EV file??
A2. The ray_Pilots_20160517_.upgrade.iso file indeed includes the software update for the EV Sensor Cores, ACUs, and p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head ... this has been verified by updating the software of my own EV-1 sensor core.

Q3. In addition, there is a warning on the software update page that says:
"Warning Pilot System - You must update EV1 Sensor before updating your ACU"
So if, in using the above update files, it loaded ACU software, and not EV software, then of course we have problems.
What to do now?
A3. Per the FAQ referenced within my earlier response, when having problems updating the EV Sensor it is recommended that all devices except for the MFD and EV Sensor Core be disconnected from the SeaTalkng backbone (the backbone will need to be powered using a SeaTalkng Backbone Power Cable) and that the update be performed again via the MFD's Check Card For Updates feature. Should you still be unable to update the EV Sensor Core's software, then it is recommended that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 failed to update EV-1 Sensor Core software - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-27-16 08:32 AM