Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] st6002 control by chart plotter
08-17-19, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 03:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] st6002 control by chart plotter
I did something to the E120 chart plotter that told it to take control of the ST6002 autopilot. I guess it was “tracking” .
Since then the autopilot has been displaying an incorrect heading
And behaving erratically, sometimes it drifts to an incorrect heading and sometimes is radically changes direction of the boat. It is not trustworthy.

Not sure what screen or commands I was in when I told the e120 to control the autopilot. Where in the menu does it say that the autopilot controller is on or off?
E120 Menu
System setup
SYStem integration setup
Autopilot control disabled
this still does not fix the problem. what do i need to do here. it was working fine
until i did something to the E120.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-19, 03:42 PM
RE: [CA11] st6002 control by chart plotter
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum chriscd,

Please ensure that the Bridge NMEA 0183 Heading (MENU->SYSTEM SET-UP->SYSTEM INTEGRATION->BRIDGE NMEA HEADING) configuration setting has been configured OFF. Should this be the case, then attention should be turned to the autopilot. Typically, such symptoms would indicate that

- an object(s) producing a magnetic field has been placed in the proximity of the autopilot's fluxgate compass, or

- the autopilot has lost its calibration, requiring that it be re-calibrated for deviation and realigned, or

- the fluxgate compass is beginning to fail or problem with the autopilot course computer's calibration ... test/replace the autopilot's fluxgate compass, or

- the autopilot course computer's gyro (for gyro assisted autopilot course computers (ex. S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) is failing ... unplug the gyro's plug from the autopilot course computer's circuit board. Doing so will cause the autopilot to function as a non-gyro assisted autopilot (ex. S1/S2/S3, etc.)
08-25-19, 11:01 AM
fixed. it was magnetic tools near the fluxgate compass.
08-26-19, 08:03 AM
You're welcome.