Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom units chane from ft/miles to m/km
08-19-19, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom units chane from ft/miles to m/km
Hi have Axiom 12 and have units set up as ft,nautical miles ,temp F
have noticed on say 30 % of my trips that the units change to metric on there own . I then go back to settings and change them back.

Is there any reason for this happening or is their something else I can do to correct this so it does not happen. when it happens I am not doing anything but glance down and it is showing distance to way point in metric.

Note I have the Bermuda software installed about 3 weeks ago this has happened since June and just this past weekend
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-19, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom units chane from ft/miles to m/km
Hello E.hatch2086,

Can you tell me what devices are in your system?
I've never seen this happen as a result of an internal software error on an MFD, but I suspect that it may be able to happen if you have a Seatalk1-SeatalkNG Convertor (part E22158) in your system, and you have a level of corruption of the data on your legacy Seatalk1 network. Do you have one of these convertors in your system, and if you do, does the problem go away if you temporarily disconnect it from the Seatalk1 network?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-26-19, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi yes I have the E22158 converter it’s connected between my ES7 and Axiom 12. I also have vintage 2004 Raymarine tridata displays speed,depth and a vintage 2004 C120 classic MFD as well as Raymarine autohelm vintage 2004. And a vintage 2016 wind indicator . All the data shows up on all three MFD’s. I also have Ais receiver data going to the ES7 on a icom receiver Nema 183 and Ais data going to the Axiom 12 via a Simrad VHF radio with Ais over Nema 2000 . If I disconnect the the E22158 from the Axiom 12 I suspect I will loose all my instrument data (speed,depth,wind) on the Axiom.
08-26-19, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The same issue has occured for me as well. I have no legacy products. Thanks.
08-27-19, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Quote:If I disconnect the the E22158 from the Axiom 12 I suspect I will loose all my instrument data (speed,depth,wind) on the Axiom.
Yes, you would, but if you can do that at a convenient time as a test, that would be good. I would like to eliminate that possibility.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-27-19, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello karlista,

Can you tell me what products you do have in your system? Ideally, if you could go to Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics >Product Info and then Save All Data, then post the data file (you choose the filename when you save, but it's normally something like 'diagnostics.json') back here, that would be very helpful. That will tell me devices, software versions and serial numbers.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

09-01-19, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 01:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have reported the same problem 07-27-19 - [DG] [DG11] i70s changes from metres to feet unmotivated
Rg
Jorgen
09-10-19, 10:52 PM
Hello @Jorgen,

Depth units changing can have a different cause, it's not necessarily the same problem. Depth units can be changed to feet in systems where you have a mixture of Seatalk1 and SeatalkNG products where you have depth data being generated on one network and viewed on the other. This is because of the very old and limited design of the Seatalk1 network (which we cannot change because of the number of old devices out there which it must work with) and the default unit selection on ST1 of feet (that's how old Seatalk1 is.)

Do you have a mixed ST1 / STNG system?
Where in your system is the depth data coming from?
Do you have an ST1-STNG Convertor (part E22158) in your system?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.