Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Wind speed data is 0.0 after installing V3.10.42
08-21-19, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 03:55 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Wind speed data is 0.0 after installing V3.10.42
After (to day) installing V3.10.42 on my Axion 9, the Wind Speed (TWS, AWS) is showing 0.0 all time. The Wind transducer is rotating. (E22078)
Wind angle is OK according to the wind direction.

It is connected to ITC-5 with SW version V1.12 and I70s with SW version 3.16.

The Airmar DST 800 is connected to the ITC-5

I have tried to switch off the Axiom 9 and 2 of the 3 i70s with no result. The problem is still there.

ITC-5 LED for wind is ON (no pulsing) as well as the LOG. The Log is working as well as the Depth and Temp.

Shall I go back to V3.10.39 - will it help? (Version 3.10.39 worked OK) and how can I do the downgrade?- I always update directly from the internet.

Please see my connections (attached)

RG Jorgen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-19, 03:56 AM
RE: [LW11] Wind speed data is 0.0 after installing V3.10.42
Dear jorbro,

We are not aware of any issues with the Axiom not displaying wind speed data in Lighthouse 3.10.42. Are you seeing the wind speed on your i70 instruments?

This has only happened since upgrading the software from Lighthouse 3.10.39 to Lighthouse 3.10.42?

It is true wind speed and apparent wind speed data that is missing from the Axiom data page? You have apparent and true wind angle? Is this the case when stationary and underway?

Please check all connections (including any joins in the transducer cable) to ensure they are healthy and free from corrossion. Are there any breaks or styresseful bends in the transducer cable?

Is the wind transducer correctly connected to the iTC-5? Are the cups spinning freely. Furthermore, please refer to this FAQ on testing your wind transducer.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-23-19, 04:12 AM
Hi Louise
I found the fault - in the junctionbox from the mast the yellow connection was bad. Now everything is working proberly again.
Strange was that the fault came just after upgrading from .39 to .42 version.

Thank you for your time.
Rg Jorgen

(08-23-19 03:56 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear jorbro,

We are not aware of any issues with the Axiom not displaying wind speed data in Lighthouse 3.10.42. Are you seeing the wind speed on your i70 instruments?

This has only happened since upgrading the software from Lighthouse 3.10.39 to Lighthouse 3.10.42?

It is true wind speed and apparent wind speed data that is missing from the Axiom data page? You have apparent and true wind angle? Is this the case when stationary and underway?

Please check all connections (including any joins in the transducer cable) to ensure they are healthy and free from corrossion. Are there any breaks or styresseful bends in the transducer cable?

Is the wind transducer correctly connected to the iTC-5? Are the cups spinning freely. Furthermore, please refer to this FAQ on testing your wind transducer.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-23-19, 04:29 AM
That is good news.

Many Thanks
Louise