Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Route Help
05-27-16, 09:52 AM
Build Route Help
I have the Raymarine a125 with a Navionics Platinum plus chart card installed. The Raymarine MFD is running the latest software (17.45) and the Navionics chart card was updated with the freshest data today. I am trying to use the new Dock-To-Dock feature but I am missing the "Build Route" menu option under the Navigate menu. The video showing how to use this new feature says to scroll down to build route but I don't even have a scroll bar under that menu so it appears that there may be a few menu options that I am missing. Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-16, 11:05 AM
RE: Build Route Help
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

As you have suggested, the Dock to Dock feature not only that the MFD be operating with the v17.45 or later software, but also that:
a) that the Min. Safe Depth configuration setting (HOME->CUSTOMIZE->BOAT DETAILS->MIN. SAFE DEPTH) be set according to the needs of safely operating your vessel
b) a registered Navionics Platinum Plus chart card with active Freshest Data subscription or a registered Navionics+ chart card with active Freshest Data subscription is present with the MFD's memory card reader
c) that the Freshest Data update include updating/adding Sonar Charts
d) that the chart card contain cartography for the waters to be navigated
e) that the Chart application's Chart Selection feature has been configured to use the Navionics Nautical Chart option ... DO NOT SELECT SonarChart!
f) that Dock to Dock Autorouting (MENU->NAVIGATE->BUILD ROUTE->DOCK TO DOCK AUTOROUTING) be configured ON
05-30-16, 12:35 PM
I was finally able to get the dock to dock to work successfully by ejecting the Navionics Platinum + card from SD1 and then installing in in SD2. The symptom that I am seeing is that the menu option for selecting the chart has no text to the right of Navionics option and the Navionics sonar option shows "no active subscription". Ejecting the card and then reinstalling allows both the Navionics and Sonar chart option text to display the proper subscription expiration date in December of 2016 and the dock to dock feature to work.

After checking again later, I was back to the same scenario, no dock to dock and missing text next to Navioncs + and "no active subscription" next to Navionics sonar charts. Ejecting the card and reinserting in the same slot resolved the problem again.

Do you suspect an issue with the MFD or the chart card itself? I do not seem to have any issues with the card in my laptop as I have updated with the freshest data many times.

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
05-31-16, 08:09 AM
Jeff,

As you have suggested, commencing with the v17.45 software update, the Chart application's Chart Selection feature now provided details of the chart card's product ID, coverage area, and Freshest Data subscription expiration date. Should this data not be displayed within the Chart Selection feature, then the MFD is unable to read data from the chart card. The symptom described may be indicative of a failure of the MFD's memory card reader or of the chart card itself. It is recommended that the memory card's contacts be cleaned with a soft cloth and that the chart card be tested within the MFD's memory card reader slots. Should the MFD fail to read the chart card within one of the reader slots, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced. Should the MFD fail to read the chart card within both of the reader slots, then the MFD's memory card reader should be tested by attempting to capture the MFD's screen image to a microSD memory card ... both of the MFD's memory card reader slots should be tested. Should the MFD fail in its attempt to do so, then MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced. Should the MFD successfully save a screen capture using each of its memory card reader slots, then Navionics should be contacted to address the problem with your chart card.
05-31-16, 09:39 AM
Many thanks Chuck,

I was also wondering if there could be an issue with having another MFD with the Navionics card that came with the Raymarine MFD in the microSD slot? I have one a125 and two a78 MFDs on the network. The a125 is the master and all MFDs are connected via SeatalkNG and Raynet. I don't suspect it would be an issue but just wanted to verify.

Thanks,
Jeff
05-31-16, 11:05 AM
Jeff,

It is possible, yet less likely, that the problem is resulting from a second Navionics chart card within the system ... unless they are the same type of chart card (i.e. providing coverage for the same area). It would certainly be worth testing your system again after having removed the other Navionics chart card.
06-05-16, 06:10 PM
RE: Build Route Help - Navionics Subscription
Hi Chuck,

I did some troubleshooting over the weekend and I can reproduce the issue consistently. Here are some updated details that will hopefully allow you to decipher what may be causing my problem.

I once again refreshed the Navionics Platinum + card with the freshest data and powered off the laptop before ejecting the card. I had no issues reading or updating the card on my laptop with the Navionics application.

I put the micro SD card (in SD2) and then powered on my Raymarine a125. Upon booting it showed I had a valid Navionics subscription - see image "Power on Boot Screen.JPG". As you can see from the image my card was refreshed on 06/04/2016, my subscription does not expire until 12/22/16 and I am running the very lasted firmware/software for my a125 of 17.45.

Then I opened the chart application and it shows the chart with the visual overlays (feature of Platinum +) and seems be working just fine. However; I am not able to do the dock-to-dock auto-routing and other features that require a valid subscription to Navionics. Choosing menu/presentation/select chart and it appears that it is confused about my Navionics chart card and that my Sonar chart card does not have a active subscription. See the attached image "Select Chart.PNG" which shows my Sonar chart does not have an active subscription and my Navionics card does not even reflect that it is a 674P+.

Now - I close the chart application and from "My Data" menu I choose to eject SD2 (I don't actually remove the card) - wait for it to say it is safe to remove and then click on OK. Now when I go back to my chart and then menu option /presentation/select chart everything looks perfect and my dock-to-dock works without a hitch. Please the image "Select Chart after eject SD2.png" and you can see full details with valid subscriptions on both my nautical chart and sonar chart. It continues to work fine until I power off and then back on again. Every time the function to eject SD2 works (I don't have to actually remove the micro SD card) to resolve the problem. It appears to only fail after rebooting (power off then back on)

It seems to me that something is blocking the Raymarine software/firmware from properly reading card until I select eject SD2.

FYI: the same exact issue is present if the card is in SD1 and no card exists in SD2 or in any of my other Raymarine MFD's.

I hope this provides enough insight into a solution.

Kindest regards, Jeff