Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Sail to wind mode
08-25-19, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-19 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Sail to wind mode
I have an Evolution wheel drive autopilot with a P70 control and an A78 MFD. I was hoping to use the sail to wind mode but when I tried to set it up I got a message saying it was not supported on my MFD. Now there is the new operating system that has better features for sailboats but it does not run on A series either. Trying to decide if I should upgrade the MFD to have both those features but I can't find anything that definitively tells me exactly which MFDs support sail to wind. Can you tell me which MFDs support that function?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-19, 11:09 AM
RE: [CA11] Sail to wind mode
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Charlie,

While LightHouse 3 software has evolved to now include an expansive number of sailing features, it's Autopilot Controls feature does not yet support sailing to wind. At the time of this response, sailing to wind could only be commanded via an autopilot control head. A feature request has been logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply