Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] C80 - no depth on chartploter but does show on fishfinder
08-26-19, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 07:20 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] C80 - no depth on chartploter but does show on fishfinder
Weird problem. Performed an update and also set the unit back to factory default. I didn't notice this problem immediately because I usually use the Lowrance 3500 mounted right in front of me but assume it was happening immediately after the reset. The readout on the 3500 was fading so I took a glance over at the C80 and saw dashes where the depth was. Got settled back at the dock later and tested other components and all seemed to be working fine. Figured my transducer must have tanked and put it on the "to-do" list. But, when I was out the other day I was flipping around on the pages and happened to noticed that my fish finder WAS displaying the depth.

Any ideas???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-19, 07:26 AM
RE: [DG11] C80 - no depth on chartploter but does show on fishfinder
Hi CKroll

The depth display shown in the databox is derived from the SeaTalk network and will only be populated if there is SeaTalk Depth data on the network. This is different to the depth displayed by the sonar which is sourced from the DSM.

Normally if there is no depth available on SeaTalk, then the c80 will source it from the DSM.

What depth sources do you have onboard? If SeaTalk, check the SeaTalk depth display is operating. If you are sourcing depth from NMEA, resetting the C80 may have changed the baud rate on the NMEA input and so you have lost the NMEA incoming depth.

regards
Derek
08-27-19, 11:47 AM
Good info Derek and no answers to those questions yet. I'll try to get down to the boat this weekend to take a look and circle back with the answers and if I was able to remediate the issue. Thanks!!
09-02-19, 10:09 AM
You are welcome.