Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] a series connecting to SR6
08-27-19, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-19 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] a series connecting to SR6
hi , i've read many threads , thought the hs-5 switch was the way to connect my a series ( or my c series or a E80) to a SR6 ,weather receiver ,,, i only have an unused stng 'white' connector on the c series mfd ,,,there's a 5way but no open spot ,, i also have a dsm300
the description of the hs-5 only describes " it connects hs devices"
well then,,,what connectors go from and to the SR6 and the problem of where to link into system
thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-19, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-19 10:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] a series connecting to SR6
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ed,

The SR6 may be interface do the HS5 RayNet Network Switch or to an unoccupied Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of one of the system's MFDs. As the SR6 features RJ45 sockets and the Ethernet sockets of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs feature accept RayNet plugs, then an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable would be used to connect the SR6 to the MFD or HS5 RayNet Network Switch. If the system does not presently feature a HS5 RayNet Network Switch and the Ethernet Network (RayNet) sockets of the system's MFDs are all occupied, then it would be necessary to disconnect RayNet, Digital Radar Cable, or Quantum Data Cable from one of the MFDs, connect it to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, and then connect the MFD to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The SR6 may then be connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch as indicated above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply