Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner Connected But Not Xfering Data to e7
05-22-16, 07:30 PM
Voyage Planner Connected But Not Xfering Data to e7
I am already familiar with transferring data between an MFD e7 and Voyage Planner. It has worked fine for a couple of years. However, I just upgraded to Voyage Planner 1.3.0.4, and it is has stopped transferring data between the PC and the MFD.

Voyage Planner shows it is connected to the MFD, and I see folders for the e7 Waypoints and Routes in Voyage Planner, but when I drag information to those folders it is not sent to the MFD. Voyage Planner shows routes in the e7 folder, for example, but those routes do not exist on the e7.

I tried completely uninstalling / reinstalling Voyage Planner, but it had no effect. I did note that upon reinstalling Voyage Planner, it was as though the original database was still there. For example, the routes that existed prior to uninstalling were also there after reinstalling. I would have expected it to be empty.

The e7 is running Lighthouse II software v15.59, updated last summer.

Any guidance?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-16, 06:12 AM
RE: Voyage Planner Connected But Not Xfering Data to e7
Moderator: New Updated Info

Additional things I have tried to resolve this issue:
- Upgraded MFD to Lighthouse v17
- Deleted Voyage Planner database (the voyage.db3 file in AppData / Roaming / Raymarine folder)

None of these have resolved the issue. Waypoints and routes dragged from the Voyage Planner folders to the e7 folder are not moved.
05-27-16, 09:56 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum folkmeister,

Instead of the drag and drop method of prior versions of VP, waypoints are now added to the Export list by right clicking on the folder or selected waypoints and then selecting Export from the right-mouse click menu.
05-30-16, 06:39 PM
Sorry if my message was not clear. It is not an issue of importing / exporting data files from VP, that works fine. The issue relates to the wifi connection between the VP software on my laptop and the e7 MFD.

The problem is that I can't move waypoints and routes from VP over to the e7 MFD. The VP software indicates that the MFD is connected, and 'e7' shows up on the list of folders for Waypoints and Routes, however:

- I cannot transfer waypoints and routes over to the e7
- When connected, the list of waypoints and routes on the e7 is not visible in the VP software. There is one 'root level' entry for e7 on the folder list, but nothing shows up beneath it.
- In the past when the VP / MFD connection was initially established the VP software would ask "Do you want to backup your waypoints and routes ..." (as is described in the manual). It has stopped doing that as well.
06-03-16, 07:22 PM
Moderator - More info & update. This weekend I brought a different laptop to the boat and installed Voyage Planner on it. There was no change - the same issue is occurring. Given that we have ruled out a PC issue, it would see it is either a software bug with VP, or a software / hardware issue with the MFD. What do you recommend? The issue was happening with the previous version of the Lighthouse Software, so I don't think it's an issue with that. Would it be worth trying a factory reset on the MFD?
06-14-16, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 02:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Folkmeister,

Please note that I have duplicated the reported issue and have logged a problem report to seek its correction within a future update to the Voyage Planner software. In short, after configuring the computer's Wi-Fi settings to connect to the MFD and verifying the connection to the MFD, the Voyage Planner application never establishes communications with the MFD (i.e. the status icon continuously reports Scanning for MFD. Until a software update correcting this issue is released, it is recommended that waypoints and routes be transferred to the MFDs via a microSD memory card.