Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with CPT-60 transducer and e127
05-29-16, 01:01 AM
Help with CPT-60 transducer and e127
Hi,

I have a CPT-60 transducer on my moored boat that used to be connected to a Dragonfly 7. Got rid of it and I now have an e127 at the helm. I need assistance on part numbers for a transducer pig tail for the e127 as well as figuring out which wires on the CPT-60 I need to wire it up to. The e127 has built in downvision so as long as I can connect up the right wires it may work.

Thanks in advance,
Gary,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-16, 02:42 PM
RE: Help with CPT-60 transducer and e127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum garball44,

It appears that you have made a error in selection of the MFD. The eSx7 MFDs do not feature internal CHIRP (conical) /DownVision Fishfinder sonar circuitry. The eSx7 MFDs feature internal 600W 50/200kHz ClearPulse (digital conical) Fishfinder sonar circuitry. Those seeking an MFD with 600' internal CHIRP (conical) /DownVision Fishfinder sonar circuitry are advised to purchase an ax8 MFD or eSx8 MFD with a compatible transducer. 600' CHIRP (conical) /DownVision Fishfinder sonar may also be added to any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or system of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs by interfacing a CP100 CHIRP (conical) /DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module and compatible transducer. Dragonfly transducers cannot be adapted for use with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and as such, it would be necessary to replace the CPT-60 ... in this case with a CPT-100 or CPT-100 DVS (if seeking a transom mounted transducer). Please click here to view the FAQ addressing transducer cable splicing.
06-10-16, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-16 09:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the clarification. For some reason I thought the e127 had chirp/downvision. I do have a separate sonar and transducer that work fine on the network (50/200 digital) so I'll just stick with it. On the other hand, if I purchased an eSx8 plotter, would there be a way to splice the CPT-60 to a pigtail off the plotter sonar? Boat only gets hauled once a year.

Thanks
06-10-16, 09:22 AM
Gary,

Q: if I purchased an eSx8 plotter, would there be a way to splice the CPT-60 to a pigtail off the plotter sonar?

A: It is strongly recommended that you not attempt splicing a fishfinder cable per the FAQ found here.