Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] st40 Bidata screen replacement
09-09-19, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 04:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] st40 Bidata screen replacement
I have a damaged st40 Bidata screen where reading it is nearly impossible. I have not been able to locate a replacement screen and was wondering if anyone might have a DIY fix such as using a thin gauge piece of plexiglass to do the job or a source for the replacement screen?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-19, 04:59 PM
RE: [CA11] st40 Bidata screen replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Beach Eagle,

The reported issue is quite likely related to a failing LCD within the ST40 Bidata instrument. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer service ST40 instrument. Raymarine's i40 instruments have been designed as a direct replacement for ST40 instruments. Accordingly, it would be recommended that your failing instrument be replace with an i40 Bidata instrument (display only) should you have an operational transducer(s).
09-10-19, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 07:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the info! I figured that it may have been discontinued. In this case however, it is not the LCD. Apparently it had been hit with some force causing "spider" cracks in the plastic screen. I can read speed, but depending upon the sun glare I am unable to read the depth most of the time.
09-11-19, 07:03 AM
Noted.