Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Failure i50 Tridata
09-20-19, 08:15 AM
RE: [DG11] Failure i50 Tridata
Sorry, second question.

If I have to replace the transducer. Can I cut the cable and connect the new one to it downstairs ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-19, 08:15 AM
Dear Ottogerd,

the arrow is a good guide, but if you pull the transducer out of the hull fitting, you need to check the orientation of the paddlewheel spokes too.
Regards
Derek
09-20-19, 08:19 AM
Hi Ottogerd,

You can cut the cable, but do NOT shorten it and make sure you carefully rejoining ALL the colours inside as well as the bare cable or the screen /shield. Make sure the joint is inside a secure and waterproof junction box.

Thanks
Derek
09-22-19, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-19 09:30 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You told me not to shorten the cable. Sorry, but I do not understand this.

I want it to do in this way.

1.Cut the cable just behind the old transducer
2. Connect the cable of the new transducer to the cable of the old transducer which goes to the Tridata.

Does it mean I leave the cable of the new transducer long as it is and make the connection to the old cable to the transducer.

That means the whole cable has nearly the double length.

I add a drawing. Correct ?

Thank you in advance for replying.
09-23-19, 09:32 AM
Hi Ottogerd,

Please let me clarify, the total length of the cable from the instrument to the transducer must remain the same, so if you cut the cable of the old transducer, cut the cable of the new one in the same place so the total length remains the same. Do not cut the cable too close to the transducer, you need to be able to make the join in a good quality waterproof junction box which is easy to access and will not become covered by water.

Regards
Derek
09-24-19, 06:52 AM
Thank you very much for your kind help.

I now will try to do this as you suggested.
09-25-19, 06:39 AM
Hi Ottogerd

Your'e welcome

Thanks
Derek
09-26-19, 11:08 AM
My i50 shows three dashes instead of speed. Speed is correctly displayed on i70 belowdecks. Have checked connections without finding fault. Is there other checks I can do?
09-27-19, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-19 06:28 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi,
The three dashes indicates the i50 is set to master mode, so unless the transducer is connected to it, it must be set as repeater - as described in the handbook.
Regards
Derek
10-01-19, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-19 12:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Following the instructions on pg 59 I was able to access the master indicator page. Both depth and speed indicates “no”. I was able to toggle depth yes/no but could not change speed. Depth on yes displayed - - - Was unable to check speed. Speed on “no” still displays- - - Any ideas.