Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ACU150 and P70R Pilot Controller
09-09-19, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ACU150 and P70R Pilot Controller
I purchased the new ACU150 Autopilot at the first of this year with P70R Pilot Controller. i now wish to add my new Lowrance with this device. i purchased the NEMA 2000 spur cable. looking at the P70R instruction manual it shows the you can dassy chain from the P70R to the lowrance. the manual also shows and says there are 2 connectors. so when I get to the boat and ready to make a simple hook up, there is only 1 connector on the P70R. Did I get an older model? i will buy the correct backbone cable and a tee to make this work, just wondering about the 1 connector
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-19, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 04:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ACU150 and P70R Pilot Controller
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dengle,

It appears that you actually have a p70RS rather than a p70R autopilot control head. The latter were retired almost three years ago. Unlike the p70 and p70R autopilot control heads, the p70S and p70RS autopilot control heads which replaced them feature a single SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. Similarly, the redesigned i70 MFID (the i70S) features a single SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. These design changes were introduced to bring these products into compliance with NMEA 2000 standards which require that each NMEA 2000 device be interfaced directly to the backbone (i.e. daisy chains are prohibited). Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to a backbone to thereby permit additional devices to be interfaced to the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply