Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Interfacing with Yanmar 3JH40 motor
09-11-19, 09:35 PM
RE: [TG11] Interfacing with Yanmar 3JH40 motor
Hello,

I don't have any specific information on that engine. To the best of my knowledge Yanmars usually output J1939 rather than NMEA2000 data (J1939 being the SAE land-based heavy-machinery equivalent of NMEA2000), and the ECI100 is used in this case to translate J1939 to NMEA2000.

If the engine outputs J1939 then you'll need the ECI100 or another J1939-NMEA2000 bridge, whereas if the engine outputs NMEA2000 directly then the ECI would not be required.
If it's J1939 be aware that not all J1939 data and alarm types map directly to equivalents in NMEA2000 (no direct translations) and the J1939 engines that we've tested and listed as compatible with ECI100 are the only ones where we've checked that all of the important alarm types come through. On an un-listed engine, we can't be sure though of course with another engine from the same manufacturer it would be normal to expect it to be ok.

Regarding connectors, that depends what's supplied on/with the engine, which again I'm sorry to say that we have no info on. Usually engines or engine gateways use either a Deutsch-type or Devicenet-type CANbus connector: we do adaptor cables from Devicenet to STNG (http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=5536.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Interfacing with Yanmar 3JH40 motor - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 09:35 PM