Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Deepwater area in white vs blue.
09-16-19, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-19 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Deepwater area in white vs blue.
I have an e125 using a Navionics+ card. I recently renewed and updated the card. 9/10/2019
Since that action I can no longer view deep water (set as a value for a given contour line depth) in white. It only shows in blue.

The only change I made was the card update, no changes to set up in the MFD. I did go into the set ups after I observed that the deep water no longer showed in white.

I am along the SoCal coast so most of the chart should show in white especially when showing larger area. I used the 12 foot contour line as my boat only draws 3 feet.

My MFD software is version is v19.03-00036. I don't see a later software version.

Any suggestions. Is this a Navionics issue?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-19, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-19 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Deepwater area in white vs blue.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jgonnerman,

To fault isolate the problem to the Navionics+ card or the MFD's setting (I have noted that you have indicated no settings have been changed) it is recommended that the MFD's data and settings be backed up to a microSD memory card, and that the MFD be commanded to reset its system settings and data. The chart card should then be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, the Chart application should be selected, and the Navionics Charts should be selected.

Should the problem abate, then the problem would appear to have resulted from one of the MFD's settings. The MFD's data may then be imported back into the MFD's memory.

Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the NAV+ chart card's contents be updated once again. Please note that if adding SonarCharts to the NAV+ card, it it then recommended that the NAV+ chart card's contents be erased via the Navionics Chart Installer program, and that after doing so that coverage area selection feature of the Navionics Chart Installer program then be used to box the largest permissible area centered on the location where the boat is docked / launched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply