Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Raymarine VHF Manuals - Suggestion
09-09-19, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-19 09:16 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Raymarine VHF Manuals - Suggestion
Could a sentence be added to the RM manuals for VHF radios to state what size of jack plug for the external speaker is required. It used to be 3.5mm for RM 54 VHFs.

Looks like its 2.5mm now, but could you confirm? if there has been a change. A single sentence in the manual would have been so helpful on Saturday afternoon.

Pete
Find all posts by this user
09-12-19, 04:38 AM
RE: [LW11] Raymarine VHF Manuals - Suggestion
Dear Pete7,

The Ray54 had bare wires to connect the external speaker to and all of our recent VHF products also have bare wires to connect the external speaker.

It was only the Ray260 that had a phono connector for the external speaker, can you confirm the VHF units you are referring to?

Many Thanks
Louise
09-14-19, 05:45 PM
Louise,

The VHF is a Ray50 which has a female jack plug for an external speaker. It should except a normal jack plug but doesn't?

I have raised another post before seeing your reply, perhaps delete the second one and use this thread for continuity.

Thanks Pete
09-17-19, 04:15 PM
Louise,

My Ray 50 has a speaker plug on it and its shown in the manual. This is an image of the speaker I am trying to fit to the Ray 50.

Regards Pete
09-20-19, 03:03 AM
Visited the Southampton Boatshow yesterday so asked about the VHF external socket. Turns out it is a RCA female plug on the VHF cable coming out of the back of the radio.

Regards

Pete
09-25-19, 06:45 AM
Dear Pete7,

That would of been you asking about it at the show! My colleague asked the question and it is indeed an RCA connection.

I hope you enjoyed the show.

Many Thanks
Louise
Thread Closed