Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Limited number of tracks on Axiom
09-18-19, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-19 01:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Limited number of tracks on Axiom
I want to keep all my old tracks for a variety of reasons. I have not found a way to export them to my computer for safekeeping and my Axiom keeps making me delete old tracks in order to make new tracks. Is there a way to download my old tracks to my computer?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-19, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-19 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Limited number of tracks on Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum iRondo,

Tracks which have been started may be saved by the user (MENU->WAYPOINTS, ROUTES, & TRACKS->TRACKS->STOP TRACK->SAVE). MFDs running LightHouse 3 software will support storage of up to 15 track of up to 10,000 points per track within the MFDs internal memory. Saved tracks can also be exported to a GPX file (HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->SAVE MY DATA->SAVE TRACKS) which may in turn be saved onto one's chart card or to a separately purchased microSD memory card. Given this export capability coupled with the relatively small file size of GPX files, the system is capable of storing an almost limitless number of tracks. Should 15 Tracks presently be stored within the MFD's internal memory and new tracks need to be created then you will need to free up track memory by exporting tracks which will not be needed immediately. These exported tracks may later be imported into the MFD's track memory when needed. After exporting the unneeded track(s), they may be deleted to free up track memory.

As indicated, the file format is GPX. Any navigational planning application supporting GPX file format which also supports importing tracks from a GPX file may be used to view tracks which have been exported. Detailed information on the import/export feature of LightHouse 3 software may be found within the Import/Export section of Chapter 5.8 My data of the LightHouse 3.10 Advanced Operation Instructions
09-18-19, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-19 07:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I'll check that out next time at the boat.

Cheers!
09-19-19, 07:57 AM
You're welcome.