Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-100 and Wind Data Source
09-23-19, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-19 11:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV-100 and Wind Data Source
Hello,
I just installed an EV-100 wheel pilot. I have a non-Raymarine Wind sensor on a NMEA 0183 network. The wind information is shown properly on my Raymarine C80 MFD and ST60+ instruments. I have connected the NMEA 0183 to SeatalkNG using a converter. p70 controller shows SOG and Depth information properly but will not display TWS. Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?

Cheers,
Admiral Maggie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-19, 11:36 AM
RE: [CA11] EV-100 and Wind Data Source
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Maggie,

When the apparent wind speed data item has been configured to be displayed on the p70, is the value reported dashes? Similarly, when the true wind speed data item has been configured to be displayed on the p70, is the value reported dashes? If so, what make/model of NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng data bridging device has been installed. Please additionally indicate the versions of software installed within the Raymarine products which are part of the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... this information may be accessed via the p70's diagnostics (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply