Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk NG Alarm Buzzer doesn't sound for MOB, or close AIS / Radar Targets
10-29-19, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-19 08:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Seatalk NG Alarm Buzzer doesn't sound for MOB, or close AIS / Radar Targets
I have an ES128 and ES78 MFD with AIS, Radar, and an external Seatalk NG alarm buzzer.

The external alarm sounds for waypoint arrival, and autopilot disengagement, but does not sound for an MOB or for close Radar or AIS target, or DSC alerts.

The MFD very quiet beep beep sounds for these events.

I can't find anywhere to change this setting.
Is this normal? Is there a way to make the external alarm sound for all events?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-19, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-19 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Seatalk NG Alarm Buzzer doesn't sound for MOB, or close AIS / Radar Targets
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jgw50,

Q. Is this normal? Is there a way to make the external alarm sound for all events?
A. This is indeed normal. Please click here to view a thread in which I had previously addressed this subject. A feature request has been logged to consider changes to LightHouse 3 software, to the external Seatalk NG alarm buzzer, and to the i70/i70S MFIDs to permit them to repeat MFD alarms.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply